sweet candy distro policies:
1) Please submit your actual zine/book to me and not just descriptions.
2) I am interested in stocking a wide variety of zines, such as personal zines, compilations, food themed, zines made by kids & teens, disability, disorder & illness zines, and DIY zines. Familiarize yourself with Sweet Candy's catalog to see if your zine would be a good fit. I usually don't stock zines that solely deal with music/band reviews, etc.
I will NOT accept anything that is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sizest, sexist, ableist ...
3) I do not send submissions back. If for some reason I choose not to carry your zine or product, your submission will be donated to a zine library or placed in a free box. I probably won't be in touch if I decide not to pick up your zine/comic/book. You are always welcome to contact me to check in!
In order for me to pick up all the submissions I'm interested in, it depends on the distro’s budget. A great way for me to help you, is for you to help me by spreading the word about the distro!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (sharing is caring)
4) As of February 2016, I will be taking zines (and other items) on consignment. I offer a 50/50 split. Below is a form you can download, print (fill it out) and include with the order I placed. If you don't have access to a printer, just provide the info for the form and I can fill one out for you!
5) If I order your zine to stock at the distro please let me know if you'd like for me to use a gender-neutral pronoun when writing your zine's description. Just email your preferences :)
*Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions.
Our Mailing Address:
Sweet Candy Distro
PO Box 13201
Olympia, Wa 98508
sweet candy press policies:
- We accept novellas and novels.
- We’re particularly interested in non-fiction (memoirs, how-to guides, Adult, YA, MG) but we're open to all genres.
- We produce print and digital books.
- We accept simultaneous submissions.
- We're only looking to work with highly motivated people who understand they play a role in the promotion of their book & who are open to supporting the other authors at Sweet Candy Press.
Submission Package: Print or Email submissions.
Body of email:
- Include the word count, genre, title and a short but intriguing blurb.
- Introduce yourself with a short bio, and be sure to note your social networking presence (website, blog, Twitter, Facebook).
- Indicate if your manuscript is part of a series and note the series status (if this is the first book, with books two and three complete, or perhaps book two is in the draft stage, etc.).
- If this manuscript was previously published, indicate the publisher and publish date.
- Attach the entire manuscript as either a Word .doc or .txt file.
EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the po box address above.
Submissions currently take 8 weeks.